I haven’t been blogging for too long, and a huge workload has recently forced me to be slightly less frequent in my postings, but it was a wonderful surprise to be nominated for a Liebster Award by the equally wonderful Lilith at KingLilith! So I would like to take this opportunity to thank Lilith and do my own bit of love-sharing by nominating new blogs to promote their awesome work. But first of all, I have to answer a few questions…
1) Why did you start blogging?
I suppose started blogging as a way of keeping track of the different things I do and am interested in. It’s quite nice to have a space where you can express yourself and put your thoughts down on virtual paper. Now that I’ve been blogging for a while, I really enjoying engaging with other people and have had some great conversations on here!
2) How do you keep your content original and interesting?
I try to keep up-to-date so actually a lot of my stories are inspired by Twitter or the news. I also like to pick slightly controversial topics because it can really engage with people who like to express their views as well.
3) What/who inspires you?
A lot of people inspire me, especially people who have been really ambitious and achieved great success through hard work and perseverance. Other than that, a lot of writer, bloggers, and of course my mum.
4) Would you still blog if you knew nobody was going to read it?
When I started blogging it was more about practising writing and getting the content out there, than knowing people were reading it. But after having such a great response from so many people, I have to admit that I love knowing people are actually reading what I write! If they weren’t going to read it I suppose it might be discouraging, but it’s always good to practise writing and to engage with the world in whatever way you can.
5) Blogging – the future or a fad?
Future! Definitely! Blogging is so addictive, and I am always intrigued to read about people through their blog. Technology is becoming increasingly important, especially social media, and blogging has a huge part to play in this.
6) What are the best things about your blog? (Go on, let’s have some shameless self promotion!)
Oh this is a hard one…! I think what I’ve really loved about blogging is that people do actually read what you write, and when they comment on my posts it means a lot to me because it shows they are really engaging with what you are saying – whether or not they agree. So I would have to say interesting topics and, of course, all the interesting discussions that follow!
7) Have you learned anything from blogging? If so, what?
I definitely have, but it’s hard to put it in so many words… I suppose just learning to take the freedom we have to express ourselves seriously, and that all our opinions count.
8) If you were going to be an animal, what sort of animal would you be and why? (Ok I digress, I’ve run out of questions now!)
I love this question! I would probably be a rabbit because I just love them, and I think my friends would say the same. Not the most exciting of animals, but they always remind me of characters from children’s books, and who doesn’t love those?
Now the fun bit! The blogs that I would like to nominate are:
http://becausewerepoets.wordpress.com/ a very cool literary blog with great writing
http://brettmoffatt.com/ an arty, sexy blog with great discussion
http://secretgardening.wordpress.com/ beautiful pictures, and I love the site title
http://literarykitty.wordpress.com/ because I just love books
http://adamon04.wordpress.com/ another literary choice!
http://kendeacon.wordpress.com/ interesting views on a whole host of topics!
http://visitinghousesandgardens.wordpress.com/ an inspiring catalogue of visiting houses and gardens (no surprise there) if that’s you’re kind of thing
http://stateofthebook.wordpress.com/ consistently engaging content about my favourite subject of all
To accept this award, all you have to do is answer my questions, nominate your own blogs, and the love continues spreading! My questions to you are:
- How did you get into blogging?
- What has been the most surprising thing you have come across when blogging?
- When you’re not blogging, what do you do?
- What do you blog about most often?
- Do you promote your blog? How/why not?
- Is your blog private or do you love to share it with the world?
- Where do you often do your blogging – at home, in private, on the go?
- If you could do anything and blog about it, what would it be?
- What has been the most controversial topic you have written about on your blog?
- From the above (question 9), what were the responses?
- What would you like to do if you had all the time you needed?
Now it’s your turn – get posting and nominating!